[Artemisia] Uprising Youth Court, Activities and Future Youth/Teen Activities Request

Tenacia Ale tenacia2000 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 14 10:12:39 CDT 2006

Greetings,

  I would like to first thank all those that helped with any of the Youth Activities at Uprising. I know that I had the pleasure of working with Lady Kathleen the Rose of 1000 eyes and may I say that 1000 Eyes is blessed with such an energetic Youth Minister. I would also like to send a special thanks out to Master Don Azir and Lord Michael the Dragonhearted for marshalling the Boffer events and making alot of children very happy. I would also like to thank those who helped run the boffer lists and those who acted as waterbearers for the youth as well as anyone I missed.

  The Youth Court at Uprising was a wonderful idea and the youth seemed to enjoy it immensely. I agree that it was a great way for the youth to learn and practice court ettiquette and it allowed a place to recognize their efforts while freeing them from having to attend evening court which can bore youth to death. I also agree that in the future there needs to be communication between all parties participating to assure nothing gets missed that needs attended to during the court. I would like to see Youth Court become part of our way of doing things throughout our wonderful Kingdom.

  Another area that has come up to be discussed is the lack of things for teens to do at events which I noticed at Uprising and had several parents mention to me while we were there. I have been trying to figure out ways to improve this and would love the input of the teens themselves. There have been suggestions of introductory classes which Bethoc mentioned but it would be helpful to know from the teens what types of classes they are interested in. I am asking that each parent who reads this upon this list and who has teenagers to ask their youth what types of classes and other activities they would be interested in participating in at upcoming events. I would like those youth to email me at artemisiayouth at crystalcrags.org telling me what they are interested in, what they would participate in and what types of things they would like to see happening at events for them to join in to. I will take the responses and compile a report to present here and to each group's MOY or
 Seneschal.

  Thank you for taking the time to read through this and for any help you can lend to getting the word out to our teenage youth to gather this rather important information.

  In Service to Artemisia
  Lady Sorcha inghean Lorccan
  Kingdom Minister of Youth, Artemisia