[Artemisia] David update

Cheryl Robertson bcecilia at robertson.myrf.net
Wed Mar 29 01:33:33 CST 2006

I realize most will get this in the AM while I'm hopefully getting a little
sleep but I'm writing now while awaiting to go back into David.

He was taken back into surgery this past night around 11PM he rolled back
out around 0130.  He was bleeding and they couldn't effectively control his
blood pressure.

The surgeon stated that in his chest wall were they had taken grafts from a
clip had come loose after several hours.  He went in, repaired it and
reduced some of his meds.

In the hours before this second time he had 8 different blood pressure meds,
2 units of blood, 6U of platelets (that's a blood product you make that is
needed for healing and volume) and still things were not looking good.

I will go in about 30min from now to see how he is doing.  He is still on
the ventilator and will be till sometime tomorrow.  The MD is hopeful to
take the tube out of his leg artery that has been helping his blood pressure
sometime in the AM.

The MD also says he feels this doesn't change his assessments of when and
how long Dave will be in ICU.  He estimated before the first surgery
sometime around Sat. to be moved to the floor.

Hope all is well with the rest of Artemesia and will continue to let Dave
know your thoughts and prayers are with him.

Love,
Mst. Cecilia