[Artemisia] David Update

Cheryl Robertson bcecilia at robertson.myrf.net
Wed Mar 29 01:23:07 CST 2006

This message was held and withdrawn and reposted:

Well its been a rocky afternoon and evening.

His blood pressure won't stay up for long periods of time.  He hasn't had
any "funny beats" with his heart and it is working pretty good.  They do
have several meds on board to help with blood pressure, pain, sedation.  He
also is having a bit of trouble keeping his blood sugars low.  The latest
one was 295 but they have continuous insulin running.

Now some good news, for those who aren't into the medical lingo.  He is
moving all his limbs.  He nods his head yes/no so is understanding us.  They
do have him restrained so he won't pull his air tube or IV's out.  He has
opened up his eyes and has seen me and knows I'm there.

They will keep him on the ventilator (breathing machine) minimal till
sometime tomorrow.  His blood pressure needs to stabilize much better.

You all can give me a buzz here at the ICU waiting room or you can just
e-mail me if you have more specific questions.

To answer your other question;  Yes I have eaten today and got and walked
around.  So I'm doing ok.  The kids are ok for now but are understandably
nervous and anxious.  Any of you who know the kids may want to call the
house and let them know things are ok.

I will keep putting updates out for everyone.  It is the best way I know how
to communicate to all of you.

Thanks so much for all of your support and prayers and keep them coming

Take care for now and I'll write again soon.

Love,
Cecilia