[Artemisia] Dave Update

Lee Barnett badsquire at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 29 12:48:33 CST 2006

Take a break, take a drive, stop by a OfficeMax or the like, get a fat dry erase marker and a small white board (they make 8x10 ones) and let him write out what he's trying to tell you (when he'll let you back on the room *wink*). I have found it the most calming way for a patient to communicate when they can't speak, but have even a little movement and control over one hand.
All good thoughts and stuff to you both and the kids, too!
Isabeau

Cheryl Robertson <bcecilia at robertson.myrf.net> wrote: Well,

Now I know that he's on the road to recovery cause he is getting irritated
with me being in the room.  I am out of practice of reading some hand
signals and that just caused him to be anxious.  So, I told him, (and the
nurses) that I would be out in the waiting room and that I wouldn't go back
in unless they called me or he wanted me.  That got a big "ok" sign out of
him.

He's still on the vent and still has the artery tube in but the MD is still
in surgery and I anticipate back soon.

SO, since it seems I'll be in the waiting room for awhile, anyone got any
good jokes?!?!?!?!?

I'll still check in w/how he's doing I just won't go in right now.

Talk to you all soon.

Mst. Cecilia