Pet Peeves - was RE: [Artemisia] Re: [Summits] Re: [cathedral]Comments, regarding latestBoD announcment

Spencer Maschek smaschek at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 30 22:09:48 CST 2006

My statement was not intended as a slam or to "Frost" you or anyone else,
merely saying that if you see a problem, don't just point out the problem
but offer a way to fix it. Complaining about something makes it worse, not
better.
As I see it this whole proposal has come about due to the lengthy process
for temporarily banishing someone who is a definable detriment to the SCA.
You having been in the position of sitting the thrones and having been an
officer of some note, know better than many the length of paperwork we go
through. By no means do I think that the proposal is perfect in word or
implementation, however I do think that it has its merits. I also think that
if we feel a need to comment on it (If you are or want to ever be active in
the SCA, then you should have a vested interest in the BoD) then show where
you feel it is incorrect, get as much background information as you can, and
discuss the item of interest with others. Then make a comment to the BoD or
Local officers as appropriate on how you feel it should be fixed. Personally
I believe there must be a valid reason for this to have come up. I don't
think someone just sat down and said "Hey, let's make the S.S. the head mojo
jumbo picker of players." I think there has to be a reason and until such
time we need to examine the wording and make appropriate comments thereon.
Again "Don't tear down fences till you know why they were put up."
Getting off the soapbox I saved rom the kindling pile :)
Vlad