[Artemisia] Happy Armed Forces Day!

bununu at comcast.net bununu at comcast.net
Wed May 24 22:26:50 CDT 2006

As far as rapier in and around Loch Salann, Loch Salann is meeting Wednesdays (presently at Sugar House park at 7, if I have my details straight).  Griffon's Lair meets (at times and places you'd have to look up because my work computer won't let me access the GL website and my memory is incredibly suspect on details like dates and times...) and they have a handful of rapier fighters to play with.  Terra Sylvae meets Fridays at 6:00 till dark at Woodland Park in Farmington.  Presently, we've got about 15-20 fighters (not all authorized yet) who show up regularly.  This practice might not be for everyone - a good portion of it is spent in classes (basics of footwork, basics of blocks, etc...) so if you just want to fight, you might end up bored for the first hour or so - but we usually manage to work up some entertaining melee (or bearpits, etc.)

From: "JD Gibson" <scjd at poboxes.com>