[Artemisia] Uprising XX Coronet Sponsored Tournement

JD Gibson scjdgibson at hotmail.com
Thu May 25 11:01:21 CDT 2006

Your grace, I thought I mentioned it more than in passing, though I am a bit
scatterbrained with Uprising so close, and not a personal thing even started
yet.  The prize for the fighter is a new blade, for the sponsor.. I'll save
that for the event, however here is a cut from the website about the
Tournement.

In order to promote Rapier in the eyes of our Royals I am sponsoring a
Coronet Sponsored Tournament -
1) All entrants must be sponsored by a Coronet (Baron, Baroness, Count,
Countess, Etc... in the most simplest term, the sponsor must have earned a
brass hat.).  Each coronet may sponsor 1 fighter.  I however being no fool,
place no limitations on a currently reigning Queen.  Fighters must find one
of these royals to sponsor them.
2) Sponsors are requested to present their fighter(s) with a favor.  Attend
first round, and final round if their fighter makes it that far.
3) Combat will proceed as follows:
    a) No deaths, Single point not to exceed 38"
    b) 1 death, Single point any length & a non offensive secondary
    c) 2 deaths, Any Artemisian legal rapier combination
    d) 3rd death, time for a casket.
    e) Quarter, Semi, and finals, opponents weapon choice  will be chosen by
the fighters sponsor or they will be Double Daggers, Cloak and Dagger,
Heater and Dagger.  (Trust me it pays to have your sponsor for the final
rounds.
4) Victor will be given two prizes, one to keep, one to present to their
Sponsor
5) Ladies in attendance will vote on best death, and most chivalrous.

Combined, there will be a voice heraldry competition ongoing with both this
and the Unbelted tourney, so it should provide a lot of fun for everyone.