[Artemisia] RE: Voice Herald competition

Theodora (AKA Rachael) ladythea at myway.com
Mon May 29 15:54:40 CDT 2006

I think what was meant by "Think a Knight's Tale" is the flourish and wordiness that was used by voice heralds in the height of the Tournament era.  More than just introducing the combattant by name, there was poetry, prose and elegance when a combattant was introduced.

Heralds were paid to make the knight sound good.

I don't think it was meant that you have to exactly duplicate the movie.   I think the intent was more that flowery wordy introductions were the idea.  I will try to get some more clartification for everyone also,

~thea

"You are all learners, doers, teachers."  -Richard Bach