[Artemisia] Estrella Hotel / Site Info

Dawn Tavares dtavares1 at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 1 08:38:43 CST 2006

The deadline for Estrella pre-reg discount has passed, but I'm sure there
are still folk who may register later. In the spirit of making an informed
choice I am forwarding observations and communictions sent to me by Maestro
Niccolo, deep in the heart of Caid and frequently on the road.

>... I've found that none of the mapping programs give the actual site
>location, rather
just returning the main Florence Post Office.  Looking at the road the site
is on, it is possible that the towns of Superior or Kearny (both of which
have hotels) would be closer than Florence.  There is also a tiny town named
Price, for which I found no information online, which I will investigate.

>By the way, I have heard reports about the site.  And considering that
>Caidans Don't Camp, the reports have been very positive.  I will forward
>what the Kingdom Seneschal mailed out.
>
>>Subject: [CAID] Estrella War Site
>>
>>Their Majesties, His Royal Highness Edric, Master  Korwyn, Sir  Patrick,
>>Baroness Brianna and I had the opportunity to visit the new  Estrella War
>>Site over the weekend.
>>
>>It is a good site with lots of amenities.  It is flat, and there are  over
>>9 acres alloted to Caid.  The site owner says they  have much less rain
>>than some of the surrounding areas.  He's not  promising it won't rain at
>>all, just not tons of it.
>>It looks like there will be equestrian activities.
>>
>>We do have a couple of warnings, however.  The site uses no  pesticides of
>>any kind, so there are some really impressive ants  around.  They make the
>>red Potrero ants look like midgets.  And the  camping areas are seeded in
>>alfalfa.  Please be aware of any  allergies and plan accordingly.  They
>>will mow down to about 2 inches  the week before we arrive.

Back to Niccolo:

>I think I may have happy news.  The Country Thunder
>music festival is held at the same location as
>Estrella, so I went to their website.  I still did not
>get exact directions to the site, but I found hotel
>listings for Coolidge, AZ, which were said to be 10
>miles from the actual location.

There you have it. More details shared as I receive them.

Aurora
compulsive-obsessive
trip planner