[Artemisia] Kingdom War Practice

Allen Hall earlalan at srv.net
Tue Nov 7 18:38:51 CST 2006

Greetings Artemisia,

HRH posted the following on the Artemisia Militaris, I thought that many of
you would be interested...directions follow HRH letter, in a reply from
Master Bartholomew.

Alan

 Warriors of Artemisia!
In preparation of our invasion of the Kingdom of Atenveldt, His Majesty has
commanded all his Warriors to make ready their arms and armor, and hone
their skills for battle!
Therefore on the 25th of November, in the Shire of Cote Du Ciel, there will
be held a War practice. All fighters who can attend are strongly encouraged
to obey his Majesty's command. Bring spear, sword, scutum and crossbow (yes,
we will attempt to practice Combat Archery as well!).
After the feasting of Thanksgiving, come and join with your comrades, and be
part of our Mighty Army!
The location of the practice site will be posted soon. Watch the list for
more details.
Before the snows choke the passes, and we must fend through the harsh
Artemisian winter, we shall have one last grand melee to prepare for War!

---Sir Ralph, Crown Prince Artemisia

 The War Practice on the 25th of November hosted by the Shire of Cote du
Ciel will be held at Watkins Park in Brigham City Utah. The site is a public
park less than two miles from I-15 with easy access and lots of parking.
There are numerous restaurants within a 3-mile radius. There is plenty of
room for combat archery to be employed. There are flat grassy areas, sloping
embankments, and a corridor of trees.

There are no bathrooms or drinkable water on the site (actually, there *are*
bathrooms, but they have been shut down and locked up for the season). Be
prepared to take a short drive to a nearby fast-food joint if the situation
requires it.

Details
-------