[Artemisia] What should be in the KWHB

Allen Hall earlalan at srv.net
Mon Nov 6 16:40:45 CST 2006

Dame Thea,

Excellent question and I'm glad to hear that they're going to update.

When I first started the SCA I bought one of the KWHB, and I found it
extremely useful, and a great investment.  I still find it useful and bring
it regularly to fighter practices where new folks may be interested in it.
I describe it to them as "The Boy Scout Handbook" of the SCA.  It shows a
little of everything.  But most everyone is the target audience and it's
enjoyable to look it over from time to time.

About the only things I'd like to see is the maps updated and possibly
updates in the martial section to include the new marshallate armour
standards.  Overall, it probably could be looked up for updates across the
board.  For example, the last one was put out quite some time ago.  Mistress
Aquillane formally of our fair barony did the cover page for the Martial
section.  The diagram is Sir Gaston from Caid, a mutual friend and a former
Aten knight who migrated westward long ago.  For those of you who remember
the famous ESPN clip of Estrella long ago, Sir Gaston was the star.  Seems
he was billed as "the greatest knight in all Caid".......

Alan