[Artemisia] Re: Artemisia Digest, Vol 38, Issue 28

Catherine Helm-Clark no1home at onewest.net
Wed Nov 15 20:51:05 CST 2006

> I think the network would get better ratings if
> they showed you ( and a few others) trying to make garb.
>
> Please don't shoot me
> Mairsile

now shooting you would be too much work...first, you have to make
the right sort of bronze and then you need to cast the right sort of
octagonal barrel.  Then, after you've made the right caliber boring/
reaming
machine a la Birenguccio, you need to apply it and hope the barrel
and the
reaming guide are both true - or you can get a hole in the side of
the barrel.
After that, assuming you don't need to recast the...

well, you get the idea...

no, actually, perhaps your idea is not too far off the mark.
I have heard that my trying to do things with fabric have
led other to fall over and injure themselves through praxisms of
hilarity.  In fact, every time I go to 12th Night in the West to
visit old
friends, my presumed best friend invariably sets me up to do my
demonstration of how to do chain stitch, which I'm told is one  of the
funniest things on earth to see...  Mind you, I can do the demonstration
on my own,  which admittedly can be kinda funny in a self-defacing
sort of way, but it's really a lot better with my friend Leticia
doing the
proper narration, since she's the one who discovered the great comic
value of my chain stitch technology and tells the story the best.

If anyone wants to see how I do chain stitch, all you need to do
is ask and hand me an embroidery hoop and a threaded needle.

ttfn
Therasia