[Artemisia] Demo - October 13

Terri Elliott terrilelliott at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 2 09:04:02 CDT 2006

Greetings to the Grand Populace of  Artemisia!

  On Friday, October 13th, the Utah Valley State College is holding a Medieval Festival. For the Festival the UVSC has called to the SCA to do a Demo. This is a fantastic opportunity for the SCA to show people what we are all about. The festival is taking place the same weekend as Crown Tourney and is only 10 - 15 minutes away from the Crown Tourney site. Many of us will already be in the neighborhood.

  The time of the Demo is from 2:00 - 5:00 October 13th. The Festival is being held at the UVSC: 800 West University Parkway, Orem Utah.  Any and all that can come would be appreciated. We need fighters, both heavy and rapier, people in costume, archers, court dancers, belly dancers, musicians, A & S displays, plus anything else you can bring to show everybody how diverse and talented the residents of Artemisia truly are. It is not necessary to stay the full 3 hours for the Demo. Any time you can spend there would be marvelous, even if only for half an hour.

  If you can make it to the Demo, please contact me off list so that I can coordinate with the organizers of the Festival. We do have a tent being set up for us but I'm sure they would appreciate any further details I can give them as to how many we have coming and some of the things we will be doing and showing.

  For more information on the Festival you can go to their web site: utahmedfest.com.

  Asa Haraldsdottir
  Shire of Arrows' Flight
  Hospitillar
  e-mail: terrilelliott at yahoo.com