[Artemisia] Oct 13 Demo directions and other info

Terri Elliott terrilelliott at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 11 16:57:13 CDT 2006

Greetings to All!

As you know Crown Tourney is swift approaching as is the Demo for the Mediaval Festival at UVSC. I am still looking for volunteers to come to the Demo. We need Heavy Fighters and Rapiers. We need people in costume and displays of things made for the Arts and Sciences. We need Musicians and Dancers. We need all who can come to show how wonderful, creative and diverse the SCA is.

The time of the Demo is October 13th from 2:00 - 5:00. The organizers are asking for the fighters (both Rapier and Heavy) to be there from about 3:00 - 4:30. However much time anybody can spend there will be great. Remember, you do not have to stay for the full time of the Demo; even half an hour would be marvelous. Also, if  you will be attending Crown Tourney and can't make the Demo but you have something for our display, send it along. I will make sure it is well taken care of and I will return it to you that evening. The web site for the Festival is: http://www.utahmedfest.com/press.html. You can down load flyers for the site map, directions and other information from this web site.

**The address of the festival is:
Utah Valley State College, 800 West University Parkway, Orem Utah.
**The directions I have been given are:
"Get off on the orem university parkway exit heading east.
the first intersection will be the uvsc campus, turn left (north) circle through the roundabout until you are heading west (left),
you are now on a frontage road that circles campus, you will pass the baseball fields and turn on the first road that turns east( right)
the first turn to your left will be through a parking gatehouse. Staff will park in the west lot - west of the list or wherever else is available."
**Below is a link to google maps with the directions from the Crown Tourney site:
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&hl=en&saddr=1300+east+center+street+provo+utah&daddr=800+west+university+parkway+orem+utah&ie=UTF8&om=1&z=14&ll=40.245533,-111.645727&spn=0.029612,0.05785

There will be plenty of free parking, as there is no school that day. When you get to the front gate, tell them that you are part of the SCA living history booth. Obviously anybody coming to be part of the Demo will get in free. The Coordinators just ask that "non-participating adopted brother's friend's third grandma's pay to get in".

Thank you all who are able to participate in the Demo. I look forward to seeing you there!
Asa Haraldsdottir
Hospitillar
Shire of Arrows' Flight