[Artemisia] Re: Membership question

Nicole Biddle nicolebiddle at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 27 16:19:44 CDT 2006

1)  Are you a paid member of the Society?
  at the moment... No.

2) If so, what prompted you to pay for a membership?
  When I was a paid member it was so I could fight.

3) If not, what prompts you not to pay for a membership?
  I have not renewed because of lack of time to participate because of the
baby.

4) What are your feelings about paid membership being required to
participate in certain activities?  (holding office, authorized fighting,
receiving awards)
  I think it's fine to require membership for those things, I don't think it
should be required for someone who just wants to come and have a good time,
or learn something new, or teach a class, and that sort of thing.

5) What are your feelings about requiring membership for all participation
in the Society (often referred to as "pay to play")?
  I don't think it should be required for all participation.  That's why we
sign waivers at troll.

-Celia Hemingway Bidel