[Artemisia] Membership Questions

Don Greenfield gryphon223 at comcast.net
Sat Oct 28 10:44:08 CDT 2006

Answers below:

At 01:04 PM 10/27/2006, you wrote:
>Greetings, all.
>I have a few questions for you.  If you would take a minute to respond, I
>would greatly appreciate it - no matter your rank, station, or time
>participating in the society.  If you would prefer to reply privately,
>that is fine.  My email is damethea at inbox dot com
>

>1)  Are you a paid member of the Society?

No.

>2) If so, what prompted you to pay for a membership?

N/A

>3) If not, what prompts you not to pay for a membership?

At the moment, the aspect of the SCA that appeals to me is heavy
combat.  Until I get my kit together, there's no point in spending the
(admittedly small amount of) money.  Also, I've got two jobs and between
them I don't have much time for the other Society activities anyway.

>4) What are your feelings about paid membership being required to
>participate in certain activities?  (holding office, authorized fighting,
>receiving awards)

Makes complete sense and I support it.

>5) What are your feelings about requiring membership for all participation
>in the Society (often referred to as "pay to play")?

I don't like it.  I don't mind paying a non-member surcharge, but forcing
someone to join to participate in the slightest way seems shortsighted.