[Artemisia] A New Debate - Pay to Play

Bengal Garden bengalgarden at gmail.com
Tue Oct 31 12:28:52 CST 2006

Hello,

I am not a member of the SCA.  However, I have always been greatly
interested in it and the medieval era.  I have only been to one event, about
8 years ago, where I met my husband.  He had been to only a couple of events
prior, yet I believe he paid for a membership at the time.  We got caught up
in work, children and all the the ordinary "mundane" things of life.  I
still have an interest in participating in the SCA at some point.  And would
actually like to go to an event.  Unfortunately it always seems we are short
on time and funds.  I do think membership is a logical choice for anyone who
actively participates in an organization.  And there should be plenty of
extra perks for those who are members.  However, I think it's nice to have
participation of those who may not have the time to regularly do so.  That
said, how much would a family membership be?

Sincerely,

Rachel Lake

--
Rachel Lake