[Artemisia] RE: Background checks required for supervising activities for minors

Michael the Loud hanhebin at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 16 14:11:33 CDT 2007

>   Without knowing more information, I think this is
> going to discourage a lot of people from getting
> involved helping with kids activities.

I think everybody is overreacting here.  While it's
too early to speculate my guess is the only thing that
might be required is a simple criminal background
check.

With youth programs the biggest problems is getting
adults that want to be involved.  The addition of
running a background check shouldn't make a difference
because they already do these checks in other youth
programs.

I could be entirely wrong here but my perception of
youth programs in the kingdom is parents are required
to participate.  If this is true, I am assuming that
is why I have never heard of any problems.

I wouldn't sweat the change because what I know of the
youth activities in the kingdom this concern has
already been well addressed and isn't an issue.

Michael