[Artemisia] witch hunting, rabid dog watch and the real world RE: Background checks

Georgia Foster jo_foster81 at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 16 17:23:49 CDT 2007

First:  I know what I am talking about when I say that I know MORE about the
seedy, soft, white underbelly of general society than I ever wanted to.  If
you want details, find me at an event some time and ask.  It is not
pleasant, nor good, nor right.  There are parts of the population that are
just plain sociopath.

Second: I completely agree with the background check idea so long as it is
carried out in a responsible and sensitive way.  Having sat through
background investigations before, most recently so that I could serve as a
female chaperone for my daughter’s speech team (two male coaches … what
teen-age girl is going to a male coach to get him to make an extra stop at a
store because she forgot to pack certain personal items?).

NOW

Before we go turning over rocks looking for scorpions, consider the
percentages.  I am willing to wager that the SCA has, percentage wise, fewer
of the type of offenders per percentage, than the general society has as a
whole.  Seriously and truly.  The SCA is NOT generally a place that a sex
offender goes to prey when it is common information that most of the
surrounding adults are well-armed and skilled with said weaponry.  Not
saying it doesn’t happen … it happens.  It just happens less-often, based on
percentages, than it happens on the outside.

SO

Let us all try to temper with reason here.

I bid you, peace.

Cheers

Malkin
Otherhill

Jo (Georgia L.) Foster
jo_foster81 at hotmail.com

Never knock on death's door........ Ring the doorbell and run. He hates
that.