[Artemisia] RE: David's missive and Padruig's response

rayzentz at aim.com rayzentz at aim.com
Tue Apr 24 11:46:23 CDT 2007

M'lord David,

I apologize for stating you did not have children.   I was corrected by The Honored Lord Morgan.   I may have mistaken you for your younger brother, at least in my mind's eye.   And for those of you who will criticize me for having no sense of humor, in this situation, you are correct.   I work all day long with children who have been abused, or harmed in other ways, and are dealing with the repercussions of those experiences.   I do not wish any child to have to "deal" with these kinds of problems.   Ever.

If your words were intended merely as a joke, then I may have been over-zealous in my response.   I was not amused, however.

And yes, I am relatively new to the SCA.   Perhaps my concerns are unfounded.   Perhaps there is no need to be vigilant when my children are surrounded by the noble and virtuous people who make up our great populace.   However, I will err on the side of caution, and will probably always do so.   For this, I make no apology.

I know that there are many who would come to the defense of any child.   Prevention of a problem, however, is much better than the retribution after said problem occurs.

Padruig McTavish