[Artemisia] Smalls and language

S CLEMENGER sclemenger at msn.com
Thu Aug 9 21:33:37 CDT 2007

Interesting.  You must be hanging out in places I don't, because I've neither seen nor experienced that kind of behavior.  My understanding of the move away from words/jargon such as "farspeaker" and "dragon" and "smalls" and neologisms such as "feastocrat" and "nastyocrat" is that it is, in general, intended to move us (as a group) away from the overly cutesy and/or inaccurate terms to ones more accurate, more "adult," and less jargon-y.  If we're trying to speak "in persona," why *not* use a term that that persona would have been more likely to use? How is it possibly an impoverishment of a language to endeavor to be more accurate when communicating in that language?
--Maire