[Artemisia] personal note

Stephanae Baker stephanae at countryrhoades.net
Sat Aug 11 14:18:26 CDT 2007

Esteemed Lord Padruig:

I am a bit pressed for time and must respond quickly. I may be
reading too much into the fact that you posted this quickly after a
post in which you called me a "chicken." But just in case having
called me a chicken was among the things that led you to post this, I
want to assure you that that post made me laugh out loud. Not least
because I thought calling me a chicken in that context was clever for
reasons I can't go into right now (even if I think I wasn't being a
chicken--exactly). I do not know how others read you. I do know that
you and I probably disagree on some serious points, but that makes me
like and respect you no less at all. I disagree with a lot of people
whom I love dearly. I like people who think and it doesn't matter so
much to me if they think differently from me (on most points, at
least). I also think we sometimes play devil's advocate on opposite
sides of the debate. In any case, I think I understand you better
than you might think and would like to say, "we understand one
another fairly well," but cannot presume upon what you understand of me.

In all sincerity,
Lady Belladonna di Francia
Shire of Côte du Ciel