[Artemisia] What's in a name.

Cat Clark cat at rocks4brains.com
Sat Aug 11 18:22:36 CDT 2007

> I'm afraid, Mistress Therasia. I'm obviously ignorant about a
> lot of period name things: Ella de Verne vs. Eilis O'Bourne?
> Rosamonde of the Garden--that one's floating around in my brain as a
> reference I should catch but can't quite put my finger on?

Ella de Verne OP was kingdom seneschal of the West at the same time
that Eilis O'Bourne OP was Green Cloak Herald.  Across the list field,
when paging one or the other, you really could not tell the two
names apart and it was common for both to respond at the same time...
I have first-hand knowledge that one king would look for reasons to
have Ella paged at events just because he loved jerking Eilis's
chain...

Fair Rosamonde was allegedly poisoned by Eleanor of Aquitaine in the
very garden that King Henry the II hid her in to protect her from his
vengeful wife...

My favorite case of gaming the submission system is the name of my
friend, Original Nightshade...  It's a hoot because it is a very legal
and acceptable name under the current rules...

ttfn
Therasia

(This is what I get for never getting that coronet finished for myself...
seriously, Belladonna, it's just Therasia, not Mistress Therasia. I'm
a person, not a title <and I hate the "M" word>.  In cases where titles
and honorifics are appropriate, like in court or addressing royalty and
other dignitaries in a formal or semi-formal setting, like high table,
"your excellency" or "Baronin Therasia" are perferable, but in everyday
common usage among friends, like on the Aerie, it's Therasia, just
Therasia... My peerages are not me.  It's a strongly held personal
opinion, that's all.  You will never offend me by calling me by my
unadorned name. :)