[Artemisia] Horns

rayzentz at aim.com rayzentz at aim.com
Fri Aug 17 23:10:19 CDT 2007

I cannot speak for Mistress Anne's horns (that just comes out wrong somehow ;-)), but the ones that we are using in Arrows' Flight come from Mid-East music company, online at www.mideast-music.com.?? They are called fanfare trumpets, and are currently selling online at $30.24 plus shipping ($7.99 in continental US).

We ordered ours through Baron Eddie, of 1000 Eyes, and he gave us a better price.

A note, however.?? The mouthpieces that come with these trumpets are *%@#.?? Get a good cornet or trumpet mouthpiece at any music store.?? The mouthpiece will cost more than the horn itself, but is well worth it.?? Also, the horns come in two pieces, which helps in storage.

Lord Padruig McTavish
Bard of Arrows' Flight

At the Horn Blowing class at Uprising, I was allowed to play one of, I
believe, Mistress Anne's straight "herald's"
horns (and had lots of fun with it!)  She told me it's official name as
well as where to get one.  And it flew
directly out of my head about 4 seconds later.

Does anyone know the answer to these questions? (I'm betting the answer
is Yes... Then could you tell me?)

Giliana