[Artemisia] Horns

Xplex at aol.com Xplex at aol.com
Sun Aug 19 00:33:20 CDT 2007

Re:
=====
A note, however.?? The mouthpieces that come with these trumpets are  *%@#.??
Get a good cornet or trumpet mouthpiece at any music store.?? The  mouthpiece
will cost more than the horn itself, but is well worth it.?? Also,  the horns
come in two pieces, which helps in storage.

Lord Padruig  McTavis
=====

In case price is an issue: While I'm sure a more  expensive mouthpiece would
indeed be preferable, I believe the trumpet  mouthpiece I bought to try for
mine (a "student" mouthpiece) was only about  $12, at the music store around the
corner. And yet it was still far  better than the tiny ornamental funnel
object that came with the horn!  ;-)
...although, personally, I do still prefer my weird old  trusty French horn
mouthpiece -- even if it does require the layer or  two of festive green saran
wrap[tm] to help it fit snugly! :-)

CJ the Amnesiac
Arrows' Flight Heraldic Hornblower of the Low Notes

[P.S. Does anyone else, besides me, get double question marks in the  middle
of all Padruig's posts here?]