[Artemisia] help

morgan wolf morganblaidddu at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 19 11:15:31 CDT 2007

After agreeing with His Grace about  "thickness is entirely up to you", I would make this suggestion- the Hollofil (tm) quilt stuffing material used in things like comforters and, from the sound of it, your gambeson, as well as many other folks, is designed to keep you warm, i.e. keep heat in.  This is not necessarily a Good Thing when you're fighting.  After several years of experimentation, i found that a double layer of terry cloth, which does wonders for absorbing your sweat and wicking it away, thus helping you cool down, with a medium weight canvas shell over that to handle armor bites,  makes a wonderful gambeson- thick enough to be padding, helps cool you off, machine washable, easy to make.

Morgan Blaidd Du,
mka Morgan Wolf
Damn Vicar Archery and Stuff
www.damnvicar.com