[Artemisia] help - AS IN GAMBESON

Tiffanyanne Sawyer utladybrighid at sisna.com
Sun Aug 19 13:11:19 CDT 2007

i tend to get antsy for a project \and havent had armor in a while since
what i was using was loaner stuff....

so i got this bright idea..
"Tiffany see that stuff in the closet? if you cant find a way to do armor
this second take that and start w/ the gambeson... oh and you might as well
hand quilt the thing since you take on projects much larger than you know
you should anyway"

I found a pic of one online i liked and just started... my fingers hate me
already cuz i have hammered my thumb and stuck a tack into the top of my
finger... and i have tried quilting sections of it only to redo it 3
times.... for those who know me this is normal

but because i intend to wear this to actually fight in i was terrified it
wouldnt be thick enough

i took it apart took it off the fram and put more cotton batting in it... i
think i am satisfied now....

maybe now i can work on some armor soon huh... i have some legs and a helm
and i am sure nothing will match cuz with that i dont care about "the look"
i just want to get out there.... i will just have to look like an orphan in
mismatched armor but my gambeson will be great if i ever survive it

you guys are awesome... thanks