[Artemisia] help

Dan S. wyddershin at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 27 19:11:13 CDT 2007

Greetings,

I don't miss that Dane Halfhand guy one bit. What a bastard.

Oh wait, that's me :-)

Yes I once had a gambeson made from a moving blanket, but it eventually
atomized into it's component parts and drifted away on the wind (and woe to
those who were downwind!)

I will say that making a gambeson out of a moving blanket is something I
would not recommend. The shell material is rather thin and the batting is
often made with scratchy horeshair stuff that is treated with chemicals to
keep mice away (some, I hear, have formaldehyde in them?)

My current one has a heavy cotton shell, a chamois lining and a polyester
quilting batting that not only lasts longer and is not nearly so scratchy,
but you can actually wash it (on gentle) much more often and it doesn't
disintegrate.

See? I wasn't a slob, I was conserving the lifespan of a beloved garment
given to me by my lady.

Yeah that's it...

In Service,

Sir Daniel the stinky