[Artemisia] the secret life of electric ovens

Dr. C. M. Helm-Clark Ph.D. cat at rocks4brains.com
Wed Aug 29 15:26:25 CDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-08-29 at 14:47 -0500,
artemisia-request at lists.gallowglass.org wrote:
> Hi Therasia,
> It was my understanding that we were talking about boiled custard,
> (stove
> top) rather than baked custard... or perhaps I misunderstood?
> Gefjon

Ya know, you're right and I'm a brickhead ;-)
I guess I'm too used to doing my infamous 15th C.
French Cheese Custard Tart in the oven (as well
as most of my other custards) that I did a major
brain skip...

...though it is true that to do a really gnarly
creme boulle', one really needs a pair of
butane torches...

Oh well...just another day for another "open
mouth, change foot!"  yum, yum, yum...

...or as an old friend of mine is fond of saying:
a closed mouth gathers no feet...

ttfn
Therasia