[Artemisia] Picking linguistic nits OP

Stephanae Baker stephanae at countryrhoades.net
Thu Aug 30 12:02:51 CDT 2007

Of course, the third person neutral pronoun with "teacher" as a
referent is highly questionable usage in English, anyway. That's
almost as odd as triple spaces between sentences in the computer age.
I usually find searching out double spaces when I prepare documents
for press sufficiently aggravating. But because Padruig was correct
about populous and populace, perhaps I'll forgive him a couple of
peculiarities.

Do you think a nurse's wanted might be something akin to the FBI's
most wanted? What do you think nurses want? My imagination is running
wild. It's almost as good as last week when I was editing a letter in
which the writer mentioned that the CIO had recently merged with the
company. That was pure science fiction for me. But then, my mind does
have to find a way to entertain itself in my line of work.

Belladonna