[Artemisia] A word about merchants (ok, a NOVEL about merchants)

Lady Flora lady_flora at msn.com
Thu Dec 27 13:58:19 CST 2007

Dear Aurora -

And NEVER would we ever want anyone to think that we are denying you, or
anyone, the sheer pleasure of sharing the gifts of your garden with the
populace.  We would never even consider such a thing.  Please don't
misinterpret my missive.  When we have fresh flowers from OUR garden, or
fresh produce, we LOVE to share it with the populace.  Not even an issue, my
dear friend.

I don't think that your valued contribution to the ambiance of any given
event has any impact on our sales at all, as the season of the year seems
not to make a difference on whether our flower sales are successful or not.
Like I said, merchanting (especially flowers) is always a crap shoot.  It
just seems that perhaps our flowers have lost their novelty and are more
expensive than what one can get at any corner retail store.  So we just
wanted to take a kind of straw pole of the populace to see if they would be
missed if we give them up and focus on other wares.

And your lovely bouquets from your own garden are much more period than the
hybridized long stem flowers that we have sold in the past - which is why we
are asking if people would rather see smaller flowers or more native
flowers.

Thank you for responding, dear lady.

As Always
Lady Flora