[Artemisia] Reports From War????

KyneWynn kynewynn at sfcn.org
Thu Feb 22 20:08:35 CST 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: <AzirLt at aol.com>
To: <artemisia at lists.gallowglass.org>
Sent: Thursday, February 22, 2007 7:13 PM
Subject: Re: [Artemisia] Reports From War????

> I am Glad for the safe return of all!
> So how did we do? any reports on the war anyone?
> Maestro Don Azir de Lucera
>
>From my little corner of the war. . . . The Artemisian Allianace took the
Rapier War point this year!  (Yeah)  There was much rejoicing. I spent most
of the war on the Rapier Field fighting and marshaling.  I understand some
our our musicians placed 1st in the music catagory of the Arts and Sciences,
Our Queen's entrance into Grand Court was greeted with spontaneous applause
from the gathered gentles,  (yes, being carried in on a litter is very
cool).   Flying kites, adorned with glow-in-the-dark glowsticks, at midnight
with their Majesties was a highlight of War for me. :)   The shopping was
amazing,  the site was spacious -- lots of walking,  the grey water wasn't a
big deal as there were holding tanks adjacent to most of the privy banks. .
. Warm showers, good food,  pleasant companionship,  all in all,  a good
war.

YIS,
KyneWynn

PS:  Here is a somewhat different take on the war from my daughter Taegan's
point of view. . . . sharing with her non-scadian friends  (posted with her
permission)

estrella... oh the adventures...
Current mood:  groggy

i just got back from a medieval re-enactment war. it was very fun. we
finally got here (to vegas) after taking an hour and a half just to get off
site, spending two hours completely lost in phoenix, my little brother
getting sick, blowing a tire, my siblings almost killing each other, getting
a hotel, sitting in wal-mart for two hours, and rain.  but other than that
the ride home has been full of sleep and blankets.

i did many things, among those are shopping, walking, sitting around
campfires, shopping, watching fighting, making friends, drawing, walking,
walking, and sleeping.  oh yeah, don't forget the mischief and mayhem.

this whole experience has once again illuminated to me the reason that i
don't generally hang out with people my age.  (edited) ... plus, being hit
on right and left by overly zealous teenagers is just not my cup of tea.
gah. anyway...

i guess i agreed to suiting up in full armor and banging on other people
with swords in the next few months... i don't really know what i'm getting
myself in to, but they say it's fun so i guess i'll give it a try.

love peace and hairgrease,

                                    James (aka Taegen)