[Artemisia] More info about Volunteering at Uprising

yumitori yumitori at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 17:50:03 CST 2007

On 2/28/07, Ysabel de Lille <ysabel_delille at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Let us get something straight right now.
>
> VOLUNTEERING AT UPRISING IS ****NOT**** REQUIRED!!!!!

Then it seems you might want to consider returning to the planning
stages, and review your 'rules' in light of the comments and
questions. You might want to consult with talented wordsmiths to tweak
them so they say what you mean. If a group is 'responsible' for some
set amount of man-hours of work then they are not volunteering, just
fulfilling the time being demanded of them.

Despite the amount of effort that folk from across the Kingdom have
put into Uprising out of friendship and a personal desire to give back
to the group, the Barony of One Thousand Eyes has always held that the
event is a local one. Heck, even the baronial webpage is hosted at
'uprising.org'. So each year the good people of the Barony put on a
little event and hope others will come. Perhaps some of the visitors
will even help out, at this little local event. That's what
volunteering is.

But if it's all just about getting a banner, that group of 40 people
would probably be better served to put their 15-30 hours into making
one for themselves. If the good gentles of the fine Barony of One
Thousand Eyes need help with their little local event, I'm sure
there's a way to let everyone know that without calculating out how
many hours each person is 'responsible' for.

--
yumitori

Not all who wander are lost,
http://www.geocaching.com/

Loyal worshiper of Ashtara (Cha Cha Cha!)
http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/index.php