[Artemisia] Judges for Estella...

Bradley Wolf idahobrad at cableone.net
Thu Jan 25 17:45:37 CST 2007

1) Your period lathe technique will be up against folks who are handcarving
with tiny blades using marble, gypsum, whoknowswhat.  It's all tabletop
games, so someone could be making perfect spheres out of marble with a set
of tools, or painting to renaissance detail game pieces.  With 15 months to
work on a project, there are many people who take the entire 15 months.  I
know already of a couple people starting on their OA embroidery hoping to
have it done a year from now.

2) Indeed the board (if documented as a period style/design) would be part
of the game.  Think of difficulty as the more time you put into it (see
above).  Judges are usually pretty good at seeing the difference between a
weekend project and a War A&S project.

-Braden

Hachmood K. Braden von Sobernheim, OL, GA
(Brad Wolf)
Either we are alone in the universe or we are not.  Either way the thought
is staggering. - R. Buckminster Fuller (1895-1983)