[Artemisia] Norman Bling n' Butterflies

Jacquie Ziegler shauna at bresnan.net
Tue Jan 30 13:36:02 CST 2007

Dawn Tavares wrote:
> Dear lords and ladies,
>
> Could someone point me toward an URL or two that displays Norman
> artifacts beyond the Bayeaux Tapestry? My web searches haven't turn up
> much--and what I have found looks awfully similiar to Viking stuff.
> I'm looking for symbols that could be recognized by an SCA 6-year-old.
>
> Also, has Her Highness chosen a charge for her coat of arms? I've
> searched thru the kingdom Order of Precedence and the related links
> for Artemisian royalty, to no avail. I've even asked an experienced
> herald. The only information she was able to give me is that the
> Princess likes butterflies.
>

> Planning more kids' activities for Coronation,
>
> Aurora de Portugal
> Youth Minister, Loch Salann
Regarding the second question, Her Royal Highness does have registered
arms, but they are under
a 'holding name' as the name she originally submitted was not deemed
registerable in 1999. I was
the herald who assisted in the submission, and looking up her holding
name of Kassandra of
Loch Salann we find the following blazon:

Per saltire Or and purpure, in pale two roses slipped and leaved proper
and in fess an increscent and a decrescent argent.

I can provide a picture privately if needed.

Baroness Shauna of Carrick Point
Ragged Staff Herald