[Artemisia] Harry Potter BOOK 6 SPOILER (but not 7)

Stephanae Baker stephanae at countryrhoades.net
Wed Jul 25 14:31:46 CDT 2007

I hope she had a lot of harsh words for Order of the Phoenix! I
couldn't figure out how anyone who hadn't read the book could even
understand large portions of that movie. And then there was the fact
that they didn't bother to build any emotional attachment for any of
the characters. Oh, Sirius is dead, ho hum. Even my daughter, who
hadn't read the book, but went in forewarned that Sirius was going to
die and was very, very worried about it, wasn't affected when it
actually happened in the movie. Did anyone else think Order of the
Phoenix was a really flat movie? It was an action movie, but even a
good action movie usually either makes you care about the characters
or fills in with lots of humor (sometimes both). Order of the Phoenix
did neither. If anyone cared about the characters in that movie it
was entirely residual from having read the books or from the previous
movies.

Belladonna