[Artemisia] BW2 - Bread Class

Aghren the Brus aghren at msn.com
Thu Jul 26 01:14:50 CDT 2007

Although I have never read the book series (yet), Duke Alan is right, it
does make one think...

I was already planning to do a class on making bread in combat conditions.
If it were a longer event (like a good ol' fashion siege) we would be more
likely be baking in a hearth oven. But, in light of the fact that the mortar
would hardly have time to cure, I will demonstrate the iron pot method of
baking. Seems like we have figured out how to settle differences in short
order. To bad others still seem to strech these things out. Perhaps rattan
should be more a weapon of choice for all diferences that end in combat
(wishful thinking....) Bake to basics like, um, bread...

The old recipe I use will be demostrated and there will be dough enough for
those who wish to try their hand at baking on site. If you have your own
Dutch Oven (or other iron pot with a lid) bring it along and we'll fill it
with dough and you can have some fresh hot bread for your camp too!

Hope to see you in class,
Aghren
(aka the maker of Aggie Bread :)

"The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time." from J Taylor