[Artemisia] New group need help: Demo Oct 6th UPDATE!!!

Charles Demery fire_n_earth at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 31 13:37:01 CDT 2007

Greetings,

     As I previously posted, there is new a group putting on a demo in Glendive Montana on October 6th, and help is needed. Here is an update as to the days activities.

     Arts and Sciences: demos on weaving, spinning with drop spindle and possibly mead brewing, If you are skilled in and Arts and Sciences they would love to have you come and display and educate! I for one would love to see a good turnout of A&S as it is very important to show that side to new folks.

     Heavy Combat: There will be a tourney!!! This tourney will have a prize!!! The prize you ask? Well for starters MiLady Elspeth has graciously agreed to put up 5 yards of wool from her loom. Some of you may remember her merchanting at this years uprising and FOTCOG, she owns Wood and Wooven, her skills are second to none and the wool is incredible (thats 150 dollars worth of wool folks!) so bring your armor!!!  I will also be bringing a prize, but that will be a surprise;-)

     Rapier: I would like to see some of the rapier community come and show that side of the dream... I know that we are planning on dragging a few down from Sentinels' Keep and I believe Lord Cormac the Barbarian is coming... if enough show I will host a tourney, with prize (Maybe a custom hanger/frog?).

     Food: These folks are really got all out! There will be both a venison stew and  chicken noodle soup (Elspeth makes her own noodles) along with fresh baked rolls for lunch. But wait! there is more... they are planning an evening meal in the fashion of the 13th century, Cold spiced chicken, pies of small bird and a sweet.  Elspeth has asked if I could give them an idea of how many wil be coming so that they know how much food to prepare.

     Crash space: There is easily enough crash space for upto 30 folks... if you will need crash space please let me know so I can get it arranged!

      Okay with all that said there is more... I would like to make it known that yes this demo is a long way away from almost everyone in the kingdom, but so be it! That should be reason enough to go and help, the knowledge that they are not in the main line of events and the such, means that Demos like this will not be happening very often, so THIS demo needs to be something special, to help spread the word and gain them some new members and let folks in their community know what it is they are doing and are about.
      At this time I know that we here in Sentinels' Keep will be sending atleast 5 folks, I know that Lord Cormac the Fuzzy is going and I believe that Lord Ely has shown interest. Please look at your schedule, see if you can swing it, please spread the word!!

      If you are planning on attending please let me know so I can arrange crash space and food...

      Oh and before I forget, Sir Daman we have yet to cross swords... This demo presents us with a wonderful oppotunity;-)

In Service,
Lord Kormak Hroarsson