[Artemisia] political correctness

Kevin Tucker ktucker59 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 20 11:39:06 CDT 2007

Let me add that political correctness now means bending over backwards to not offend anyone - anywhere - ever. An impossibility I might add.

  I agree that there are some words which should not be uttered. Ive taught my kids that stupid when used in referrence to a person is a bad word. The N-word mentioned earlier is also one that could go away.

  Case in point:
  What about Christmas. Its been Christmas for generations. Im christain and Im not offended by Ramadan (propably spelled incorrectly) Which is a Muslim holiday. Live and let live and quit worrying about being offensive except in the most extreme circumstances. If no offense is meant then take none.

  Just my 2 cents.

  Stephan Schwartzwald

Michael the Loud <hanhebin at yahoo.com> wrote:
  > 'Political correctness', at its core, is about being
> polite and courteous to one another.

I know that is the general belief but it is not what
political correctness really is. Political
correctness is nothing more than demonizing anybody
that disagrees with an idea that a group wants to make
mainstream. It is nothing more than attacking the
person rather than the idea being expressed.

Michael