[Artemisia] political correctness

yumitori yumitori at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 16:59:03 CDT 2007

On 6/20/07, Michael the Loud <hanhebin at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > 'Political correctness', at its core, is about being
> > polite and courteous to one another.
>
> I know that is the general belief but it is not what
> political correctness really is.  Political
> correctness is nothing more than demonizing anybody
> that disagrees with an idea that a group wants to make
> mainstream.  It is nothing more than attacking the
> person rather than the idea being expressed.
>
> Michael

I submit that you have chosen a definition that frames a behavior in
the worst possible light, and by doing so it allows you to take
offense.

What I find most interesting is that the message I generally hear is,
"I am offended that I am being asked to not use of exclusionary or
belittling terms and references that will offend someone. So I will
make a big noise and complain loudly that I don't like being treated
in this way until people give in."

The tactics used by the so-called 'anti-political correctness' crowd
are quite often the very same tactics they accuse others of using.

(And if anyone is offended because they believe that I am referring to
them directly, I am not. Get over it.)

* Were there padded or practice weapons used for training in historical times?

* What was the term(s) for these practice weapons?

* Why don't we use *that* terminology instead of creating new phrases?

--
yumitori

Not all who wander are lost,
http://www.geocaching.com/

Loyal worshiper of Ashtara (Cha Cha Cha!)
http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/index.php