[Artemisia] political correctness

yumitori yumitori at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 18:21:10 CDT 2007

> <Smack on the Forehead> Brilliant. I am humiliated and ashamed that I did not think of that.
>
>  However, what happens if some group, somewhere in the world, who remains nameless, object to those terms.
>
> And what do we do when some group objects to the term "sword", or "weapon", simply because it is representative of violence.

To my knowledge you were the one to raise the strawman of 'political
correctness' in this discussion. Perhaps I missed an earlier post
where the pitchfork-armed mob was storming the castle of historical
accuracy because someone was inordinately offended by medieval
terminology.

You can continue to raise further strawmen as you are doing here, but
I doubt very much too many people will fall for them. We gave you your
one; that's enough.

> And finally, what if the period term is "Boffer"?
>
> Padruig

Then use the term 'boffer'.

Anything else I can help you with?

--
yumitori

Not all who wander are lost,
http://www.geocaching.com/

Loyal worshiper of Ashtara (Cha Cha Cha!)
http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/index.php