[Artemisia] Mixed Weapons War in Atenveldt - Cheap Site Fee - Fighting/Camping on Actual Grass

Katheline van Weye kat_weye at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 1 07:14:58 CST 2007

Mixed Weapons War is a fighting/camping event held in the Kingdom of Atenveldt
and hosted by the Barony of SunDragon. It is held on March 23rd through the
25th.  The actual location is in Buckeye, Arizona, near where Estrella Park is.
 The site fee is a mere $10 for adults ($3 non-member surcharge as well) and is
free for youths 17 years of age and younger.  The event features armored
combat, rapier, youth combat, target archery, combat archery, and siege
(Estrella War rules in place for all fighting activities) with enough of these
activities to keep everyone more than busy.

The site is on private land and we will be fighting and camping on actual, real
grass.  Although we will not have merchants at this event, the location is
close to the town of Buckeye where there are restaurants and purveyors of
goods.

So pack up your gear and join us at Mixed Weapons War.  The event article is
below.  If you have any questions please e-mail me or the autocrat, Lady
Rosalinda, as we may not catch any missives on this list.

In Service,
Katheline van Weye
Baroness of SunDragon

Mixed Weapons War - Barony of SunDragon
March 23-25, 2007

Valiant warriors, your time for resting is over. It is time to move on, salvage
your armor and fight yet another day. The Barony of SunDragon is having our
annual Mixed Weapon's War at a new site and we ask you to come and help fight
the evil dragons in the sky. There will be fighting for all styles, Armored
Combat, Rapier, Youth Combat, Combat Archery, Siege, and Target Archery. On
Saturday we will host a Knights tourney called the Atenveldt Tournament of the
Golden Chain, the first in a series of tournaments brought to you by Sir Jason
of Antioch, Duke Aaron Graves and Sir Cosimo Orsini. More information regarding
this tournament series is printed elsewhere in this issue of the Southwind.
Saturday night we will have a potluck dinner, if you wish to join us under the
Baronial pavilion please bring a dish for 6 people. If you're society name
begins with the letters A-I bring a side dish, J-R brings a main dish, and S-Z
brings a desert. All fighters and spectators, after the potluck you will be
pleased to see the armored combat Jugger Tournament in front of the Baronial
pavilion. And of course the Kon Hawke Fund Raiser Auction and Tournament will
be conducted on Sunday of the event. Funds raised go to support local nonprofit
groups.

There will be so much fun you will not know what to do with yourself. Please
join us March 23rd to the 25th at a great new site in of the Barony of
SunDragon. Site will open at 3 pm on Friday and close on Sunday at 8 pm. Site
fee is $10.00 for adults and kids under 18 are FREE!!! There will be a $3.00
surcharge for non-members.

The site is Empty Acres in Buckeye, AZ 10300 South Miller Road.
This is private property within the city limits of Buckeye AZ. To get there
take Interstate 10 west to Miller Road (exit 114). This is about 6 miles west
of the Estrella Parkway exit. Go south onMiller Road approximately 4.8 miles.
If you journey from Kingdom lands south of Granholme or from Burning Sands take
State Route 85 north out of Gila Bend. From State Route 85, take Hazen Road
(approximately three miles south of Buckeye) east for approximately 1.8 miles
to South Miller Road . Empty Acres is located on the southwest corner of Hazen
and Miller roads.

Autocrat: Lady Rosalinda Kesselheim (thedesertrose at msn.com) 602-561-2445