[Artemisia] More info about Volunteering at Uprising

Ash ash0315 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 1 07:23:03 CST 2007

I agree with Megan and Asa.
And yes, I understand very well that all events run
only if people volunteer their time (in the last three
years I have spent more waking hours volunteering at
events than I have playing, in fact the only two
events my Lord and I did not volunteer at were the one
we spent only 4 hours at, and on our honeymoon).

But stating that you are expecting x number of
volunteer hours to be served per person at a local
event, is rather like having been invited to dinner at
a friend’s home, being told that your hosts, having
invited 40 other people to attend as well, have
decided that you will be assigned to wash the dishes
and your spouse is assigned to vacuum and dust, oh and
by the way, your share of the costs to feed my invited
guests is $50.00.. please pay in advance, and we do
not accept checks at the door
..

An appeal for assistance, and the offer of a contest
would have been much better received.
Ash