[Artemisia] More info about Volunteering at Uprising

JD Gibson scjdgibson at all2easy.net
Thu Mar 1 13:21:14 CST 2007

:-VOLUNTEERING AT UPRISING IS ****NOT**** REQUIRED!!!!!
:-We are NOT going to introduce serfdom back into the current
:-middle ages.  No worries there.  (Besides, if we were going to
:-have serfs and slaves again, I'd be personally using them on my
:-backyard, not Uprising ;D)

Being the nut who volunteered to run this show again, on a new site no less,
I suspect I should pipe in a few cents.
1) We have slaves at Uprising, they are called the Uprising Guard and we
have been trying to give them their freedom, this is I am assured another
such attempt.  Lets hope that even if it fails it will buy those fools a few
extra hours of sleep.
2) Big public thanks go to Ysabel for taking the role of Volunteer Steward.
It is known as one of the hardest jobs for Uprising.
3) I'm suprised it had to be said this was all voluntentary, I mean the only
mandatory things at Uprising are Pay your site fee, don't break rules bad
enough to upset the Baroness or Mistress Ariel, and To Have Fun.
4) The new PDF Form Pre-Registration forms are on-line at
www.uprisingwar.org , not to mention, Pre-Registration is OPEN.  (Hint)
5) Oh yeah, did I mention that if you want to pay with a check, you must
pre-register, only cash will be accepted at the gate.
6) Did I mention we are gonna have food merchants?

Sigh... I am really suprised in reading the Aerie about how many people
thought Ysabel's plan required mandatory volunteering.  You should know us
of 1000 Eyes better than that.  Not gonna happen, so unless you think
somehow someone else is gonna come up with such an insane plan, I think the
issue is mute and the better consideration is which volunteer "tasks" should
be covered under her competition, and which should be considered private
favors.  Also I know my initial opinion and legal ramifications of people
under 18 volunteering, but what opinion is out amoung the kingdom?

THL John Gilson, HUH?
Autocrat Uprising XXI
bla bla bla... ;-)