[Artemisia] Honoring lost loved ones

Ysabel de Lille ysabel_delille at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 26 09:03:20 CDT 2007

Rebecca wrote: "Our Kingdom has created some incredibly impressive and moving ceremonies in
the past.  I'm sure we can come up with something equally impressive to
honor our loved ones."

If I may make a suggestion, first of all extending condolences to the loved ones of Dahhaid...our family's thoughts and prayers are with your family at this time.

My suggestion for honouring those who have fallen is this: a ceremony that uses their heraldry.  We hang their devices, arms, or something that the family/friends/household would feel represents their loved one at an event.  Then, (depending on culture or preference) we hang either white or black shrouds around them.  Obviously this wouldn't be all, but this is all I've got at the moment.  I understand from some of my readings that draping armoury in black crepe in the later periods was done.  Anyway, my two cents.

Again, our condolences!

~*~Lady Ysabel la Serena de Lille~*~

Abeunt studia in mores

/listinfo/artemisia