[Artemisia] Tent Opinions

Chuck Heisler Jr. conradvz at yahoo.com
Tue May 1 09:21:08 CDT 2007

Greetings,

  I will gather my plans up this week and post them to the group site as soon as I have them scanned in.  For those of you who can't wait for my version, I learned almost everything I know from the internet, look up:

  Saxon Geteld Tent

  and you will get plenty of links including this one:

  http://www.ydalir.co.uk/crafts/tent/pattern.htm

  I will accomodate the list as soon as I can.

  CvZ

Angela Zentz <allegretza at yahoo.com> wrote:
  I'll start the harassment. I would REALLY love to get my paws on those plans.... I would jump at the opportunity to attend a class on that.
Allegretza, Mommy of five, counting Daddy

morgan wolf wrote:
Oh Munificent Baron and Knight,

you really think you can post that without about 50 of us asking for the plans? ;-)

Greetings Aurora,

I happen to know that anyone with meager sewing skills can generate a very nice period tent for around $100. I made one, taught a class and there are two more made on that design floating around. So it certainly can be done. I realize a lot of people like the 'safety' of mundane tents, but its not necessary to spend and arm and a leg to put together a perfectly period tent that will keep most of the elements off of you.

Just so you can consider that.

Conrad v Z.