[Artemisia] Recent Southern Collegiums Event

Regis Johanns regis at inav.net
Mon Oct 8 09:18:44 CDT 2007

Greetings,
I wanted to share some notes and personal observation regarding the
Collegium event.

First of all it was a very pleasant and enjoyable event.   The hubbub of
activities seemed to have something for every taste and skill level.  I
brought a mundane friend and now he asking all those questions about how
to join. : )

I had the pleasure to teach two classes and was asked about sources for
materials for metalsmithing.   Here are a couple of my favorites.

Freshman's
353 E 500 S
SLC, Ut

801-521-6327

Freshman's has a great selection of tools and materials for Metalsmiths
and Jewelers.  It's a good place to find supplies and equipment.  The
quality is top of the line.  Their prices range from OK to a wee bit
high, however, when you have a project burning to be done, you do not
have to wait for shipping and mail order delays.  I recommend you make a
visit to this store.

***********************************

Rockpick Legend Co

1017 S Main
SLC, Ut, 84111

(801)355-7952  or  1-888-Rockshop

www.rocks4u.com

Rick Dalrympie is the owner of this business and caries a full line of
Lapidary equipment and supplies.  He will also order in any tools or
equipment you may need for jewelrywork.  He passes on part of the
savings he gets as a distributer so his prices tend to be easier on the
pocketbook then other places.
Besides equipment he has a delightful assortment of cut stones ready to
be used for projects as well as a wide selection of tumbled stones.
Rick has the latest edition of Tim McCreight's "The Complete
MetalSmiths" book in stock as well as various reference for jewelry and
lapidary arts.
This shop is well worth the time to visit and comes with my highest
recommendation.

I hope this helps you find the tools and materials that will inspire you
to work on new arts and sciences projects.

I remain your humble servant,

Anton von Heidlberg