[Artemisia] A Few Awards from Harvest War (partial report)

Julia Jackman-Brink julia.jackman-brink at umontana.edu
Tue Sep 4 13:01:29 CDT 2007

Stephanae Baker wrote:
>  But someone else will have to tell you the names of the other
> two, although the Baroness is our departing kingdom exchequer and the
> Baron is her Lord husband, if that helps.

That would be Mistress Morwenna and her husband Meister Connor
Triggvason. A heary huzzah to both of these wonderful former Kingdom
Officers (see Connor you can't hide anymore either!) :)

> As a separate (and possibly inflammatory) question, while I was
> delighted to see HE Varia recognized, it was the first time I've seen
> a court baronial title awarded to only one member of a couple. Do we
> simply not always award baronial titles to both members of a couple
> or is a stupid rule about gender attached at the court baronial
> level, too?

Not inflammatory at all. If one doesn't know, one has to ask. :)  As
others have mentioned it has NOTHING to do with gender at all. (Where
that does come into play is with our official society tournaments such
as Crown.)

Others have outlined the differences in the coronets, so I'll not add to
the pile other than to add my congratulations. :)

Juliana