[Artemisia] Important news, at least I think so!

Jacquie Ziegler shauna at bresnan.net
Mon Sep 24 20:36:17 CDT 2007

Greetings all!

For those who get this, apologies in advance for the bandwidth.

My left knee replacement surgery, courtesy of the VA, has been
rescheduled. Now, instead of having to wait until Feb 6, 2008, I will be
going up to the VA Hospital at Ft Harrison, Montana, on Tuesday, October
2, and be getting the surgery on October 3. Yes, next week!

There was a cancellation and the surgeon called me from his office this
past Saturday (for those who are familiar with the VA and government
medical care in general, you will realize how big this is) to offer me
the new slot. I think I hesitated about 10 seconds before saying 'yes'.
Maybe that long.

So, after the Wreath meeting on September 30, I will be off-line and
unavailable at home for at least a week. If you have specific concerns
during that time period that cannot you feel cannot wait, you can send
me messages - I have no idea if I will have wi-fi at the hospital but I
will have the laptop with me. If I don't respond, just wait - when I do
get online I'll let people know.

Thanks to all those who have already sent messages of support. Once I am
home, I will be staying put for at least three months, with the
possibility of up to six months of rehab and therapy. After the doctor
determines how well I am recuperating from the first surgery he will
then schedule my right knee for the same thing. Hopefully it won't be a
year from now!

Baroness Shauna of Carrick Point