[Artemisia] Crown Tourney and the Kids

Angela Zentz allegretza at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 26 14:11:20 CDT 2007

Greetings Great and Noble Populous of Artemisia,

      The winds are becoming brisk and the leaves are turning, causing an avalanche of colors as one looks about.  The clear, blue skies are punctuated by the backdrop of mountains wearing their mantles of snow.  It is nearing the time.  The day of bright pennants, a cluster of pavilions, and the clear call to Arms.  Crown Tourney is nearly here.  As one comes to the castle, eagerly anticipating a day of noble combat, of chivalrous deeds, and of delicious foods, one might be wondering what the children will be up to while the great fighters of the Kingdom are battling on the fields.  I am here to put your minds at ease.  The days' activities include:
  Youth Combat on the castle--yes!!  While the warriors are dueling on the erics, the vigorous children of the Kingdom will be battling on the castle walls.  We have several scenarios to choose from, and it promises to be great fun.
  Crab Ball--This is a game that incorporates soccer, kickball and crawling all in one!  This is the reason we need all combatants in pants--girls will be hung by their dresses.  This is another very fun game that can be played by many or a few.
  Face Painting--Again this year we will be offering to have your faces inscribed with the Arms of your favorite fighter.  This is for the young, as well as the "older" crowd!
  We will also be offering a few classes for the children, designed to meet the requirements in the Page's Primer.  So bring your Primers so the kids can be rewarded for their efforts in learning.
      I am looking forward to seeing you there, so bring your kids, bring your Combat gear, bring your smiles and enthusiasm.  We will see you at the castle!!

  YIS,
  Lady Allegretza
  MOY Arrow's Flight

COFFEE, CHOCOLATE, MEN....